UPDATE 23/7/2020 – THANK YOU FOR ALL THE APPLICATIONS, THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO INTRODUCING OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER SOON
Due to increasing demand for our services, and to ensure we can continue to provide excellent customer service, we are pleased to be recruiting for an additional team member.
RECEPTIONIST POSITION – Closing date for applications Sunday 19th July 2020
We are recruiting for a second veterinary receptionist to start working with us in September. The position is for 30-35 hours/week, based at both our Torquay and Paignton veterinary surgeries. The role will include every other Saturday 8.30am-2pm and some evenings during the week (until 7pm).
We are an independent family-run veterinary practice, with a small, friendly team.
The successful candidate will be capable of providing excellent customer service to our patient owners, including when under pressure. They will need to be able to contribute to making the surgery a welcoming place for our pet patients too.
Duties will include:
- Welcoming pet owners in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Managing appointments and our client database using a computer-based system.
- Dealing with client queries efficiently by telephone, e-mail and in person, and maintaining knowledge of relevant products and services.
- Dealing with repeat prescription requests.
- Taking payments from clients and cashing up.
- Placing and releasing orders.
- Administrative duties.
- General cleaning, stock management and organisation of the reception/waiting room area.
Previous experience as a veterinary receptionist is highly desirable, but not essential. Alternatively, previous customer service experience is desirable.
Starting salary up to £9/hour. We encourage and fund further training and development and are members of the British Veterinary Receptionist Association. We are a Cat Friendly Clinic and an RCVS Accredited Practice.
To find out how we are working safely during Covid-19, see our website.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Sunday 19th July 2020