Updated March 2022
Thank you for your patience and kindness, as our team continue to work through the pandemic.
Please have a read of our latest guidelines before you visit in person, to ensure the safety of yourselves and our team:
- Do not attend the surgery in person if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are self-isolating. Let us know and we will find a way to help you safely.
- To book an appointment for your pet, phone the surgery or book online for routine consultations.
- To reduce time spent in the surgery, if you need medication or food for your pet please phone or order online in advance. Please give us at least 48hr notice. We can now take payment online via webpay, so you may be invited to pay before collection to again save time in the clinic.
- To reduce time spent in the surgery, you can now join our Complete Care Club online here. We have also launched a home delivery flea/worm subscription as part of this – please speak to a member of our team for more information.
When attending the surgery:
- Please keep your distance from others and follow any instructions in the clinic. To help with this, we kindly ask that only one person attends with a pet where possible.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are unfortunately late, we may have to rebook your appointment.
- You are welcome to wear a face covering when attending the surgery, but it is no longer a requirement.
You are welcome to wait outside or in your car if you prefer, while your pet is in the surgery. You may now be invited into the consulting room, but again if you would prefer to wait in the waiting area just let the vet or nurse know.
As a veterinary practice we have always taken hand hygiene and disinfection seriously; it goes without saying we are disinfecting contact points with increased frequency and washing our hands frequently.