Those of you who buy your dog or cat food from us will have noticed we are changing the food range we keep in stock from Hills Science Plan to Hills Vet Essentials at both our Torquay and Paignton vet surgeries. There are a number of additional benefits to the new food range, hence our decision to switch.
The benefits include:
- Clinically proven “toothbrush-like” technology in the adult dog and cat range to help reduce plaque and tartar, keeping teeth clean. This is what we feel will make the biggest difference to our patients.
- Unique blend of ingredients and low fat content to avoid weight gain in the neutered pet range.
- The puppy and kitten diet is enriched with a high level of DHA, an essential structural component of the brain which occurs naturally in mothers’ milk.
- The mature adult range contains clinically proven levels of antioxidants to help support healthy aging.
- Optimum levels of linoleic acid, Vitamin A, selenium and zinc for healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- Controlled mineral levels to maintain urinary health in cats, who are more prone to urinary disease such as bladder stones.
- High levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, and glucosamine and chondroitin to support healthy bones and joints in the large breed dog range.
Hills Vet Essentials is a complete, dry kibble food, meaning your pet does not need to have any other food alongside it. As with all Hills food, ingredients are premium quality and the diet is ‘fixed formula’ (this means the ingredients are fixed in each bag). Cheaper pet foods may claim to be ‘chicken flavour’ but actual ingredients could vary with each bag depending on which meat source is cheap at the time.
The Hills Vet Essentials range covers puppies and kittens, young adult dogs (small breed, medium breed and large breed) and cats, and mature dogs and cats.
We have an introductory offer on until the end of April 2018 – buy your first small bag to try for half price. As with the Science Plan and Hills Prescription Diets we also have ongoing voucher books, whereby your 6th bag of food is free.
All our Hills food has a money back guarantee, so if your pet doesn’t like it you will get a refund. We can also still order in Hills Science Plan.
For further advice about the range or pet nutrition in general please speak to a member of our team, who will be happy to help.