We recently invested in new pet dentistry facilities at our Paignton surgery, including dental x-ray. This means we can now perform dentistry to a high standard at both surgeries, whereas previously pets had to travel to our Torquay surgery.
Facilities for dental x-ray are the gold standard for pet dentistry, and allow us to uncover unseen problems, aid recovery and reduce the risk of repeat procedures, complications and related health issues.
The best defence against dental disease is prevention. Our nursing team offer free dental checks and oral hygiene advice – simply call us or book online to make an appointment for your pet. We have also come up with a top five preventative tips that owners can use to improve their pet’s dental hygiene and try to prevent the need for dental procedures…
TOP FIVE PREVENTATIVE TIPS:
- Brush your animal’s teeth regularly with pet toothpaste – ideally every day
- Start dental care when they are young
- Be careful what toys your pet plays with and avoid stones that can break teeth
- Check your pet’s mouth regularly – don’t wait for smelly breath
- Remember that just because a pet is eating doesn’t mean it’s teeth are healthy
Check out the news coverage we have had at http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/pioneering-pet-dental-x-ray-arrives-in-paignton/story-29884715-detail/story.html.